Friday, November 11, 2005
- Tom Kakert updates the Hawkeye community on the state the program's recruiting after yesterday's signings. Iowa still has two scholarships available for next year's recruiting class. (If you're a visual learner, you might also like the HH Long-Term Roster).
- Coach Alford shared his thoughts on the 2006 class in the Press-Citizen.
- Jamarcus Ellis, a strong candidate for one of the two scholarships, will play twice this weekend in the Kirkwood Classic in Cedar Rapids. His Chipola College team is scheduled to play Southeastern at 6pm tonight, and Illinois Central at 5pm tomorrow night.
- Iowa City is hosting the Midwest Regional championship meet for men's and women's cross country tomorrow. This is actually a pretty big deal, since teams need to run well here to advance to the national championship meet - it's kind of like conference championship week and Selection Sunday rolled into about half an hour. The Iowa men are currently ranked #20 in the country and #3 in the region. Their race starts at 11am. It would be nice to see some locals there to support the home team, but I know enough about cross country to not get my hopes up. The course is hidden back behind the intramural fields off Mormon Trek / 1st Ave if you actually have some interest in attending.
- Ben, Bonny, Swany, BJ - shhhhhhhh. Cross country is indeed a sport.